Sunday, January 9, 2011

Working Girl

I would like to apologize for the lack of posts from me recently. I've contributed a number of Book Talks, but I would really like to discuss librarianship more.

Things are busy at work right now and I've been using that as an excuse for my absence. I realize that being a librarian means keeping countless balls in the air simultaneously and I definitely envy those who can work and contribute to other things like blogs and Twitter feeds with real content and not just sporadic musings about pop culture.

That being said, here at least is a list of current projects that I hope to talk about later:
  • Branch renovation and moving of its collection
  • Policy and procedure revisions
  • NEA grant-sponsored project via partnership with two other county organizations
  • Personnel supervision
  • Communication with staff in regards to inclement weather
  • Social events in the work place
It's always an adventure in library-land; some days you're the windshield and some days you're the bug!

No comments:

Post a Comment