- 1 cup of quinoa (I found it in the rice/pasta section of my grocery)
- 2 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups diced plum tomato
- 3/4 cup shredded cooked chicken breast (I used the packaged kind)
- 3/4 cup minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup diced English cucumber
- 1/4 cup minced fresh mint
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Optional: 1 garlic glove, minced (I love garlic)
1. Combine quinoa and water. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce heat to a simmer for 15 minutes (or whatever the box says).
2. While the quinoa cooks, combine all of the ingredients. Once the quinoa is done, put it in the bowl with the rest of the ingredients and combine well. I didn't even wait for the quinoa to cool. Eat!