Thursday, October 14, 2010

"You're going to be late for work!"

I am a baby librarian as well, but I am also new at the long-term 8-5 employment schedule. I have been in school for the last 18 years of my life. In case you were wondering, 18 years is a long time. So I am having a lot of fun trying to adjust to my new life. Going to bed early isn't so much a problem; I've always been an early-to-bed kind of person. It's getting up in the morning, when it's dark, that is killing me. I live about 2 miles from my job, so I don't really need to get up earlier than seven. Based on how I feel every morning, you would think that I only slept for about 2 hours the night before. I'm not exactly sure why this is. It could be because this is the first time that I have had to be on my game for 8 hours in a row versus the student's schedule of work really hard for a few hours, play really hard for a few hours.

My life really reminds me of that ad (for who knows what) a few years back. This main character's roommate is getting ready for work, while the main character is still asleep. So the roommate comes in and tells the main guy to get up. The main guy says, "No. Take notes for me in class." The roommate says, "Dude, you're going to be late for work." I don't have a roommate, but I definitely have both those scripts running in my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment